Welcome to the Employment Practice Liability (EPL) Section of ResponderHelp.com Employment Practice Liability (EPL) is an increasing concern for emergency service organizations nationwide. VFIS has amassed a wealth of articles, guides and best practices available to users of the system.
Fire and EMS Personnel Manual - FREE! Register today by clicking the Login button on the top right side of the page to access the personnel manual which will automatically be made available to you in your library after registration. The personnel manual has nine sections:
1. Company Introduction - (10) policy sections
2. Corporate information - (10) policy sections
3. Employment - (22) policy sections
4. Employment Benefits - (37) policy sections
5. Ethics - (16) policy sections
6. Personnel Actions and Records - (9) policy sections
7. Conduct - (30) policy sections
8. Safety - (8) policy sections
9. Appendices - (18) reference documents and forms
Organizations choosing to use this manual should carefully review its content to make certain each section is applicable to your ESO. Best practice suggests a review of this manual by your legal counsel should be completed prior to adopting the manual as policy.
VFIS has published 35 newsletters on a variety of of employment practice liability subjects. Click on the VFIS Employment Practice Update Newsletters for more information.
VFIS also recently released its Incident & Near Miss Investigation Guide.
Don't Risk It! podcasts in April focus on Sexual Harassment.
The new anti-bias training program from VFIS Diversity Without Division discusses diversity and bias related issues in the ESO workplace.
Need Help Finding Something?
Our guided search will walk you through all the content available on ResponderHelp,and get you to what you need fast.Get Started Now